OOP and SOA Architecture & Programming Site (Microsoft, ASP.NET, ASP.NET MVC, Visual Studio .NET, WF, WCF, WCF/RIA are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and other countries)
Developing n-Tier and service oriented .NET applications with simple base and derived class architectural patterns and components that include services.
Any application life cycle requires only 33% of a development team's project time for conceptualization through implementation. The remaining 67% of an application lifetime demands far more team time for adaptive, corrective, and perfective maintenance. Through a wise use of reusable objects, loosely coupled services, and n-tier architectural techniques, the team will cut some development time but will reduce maintenance time dramatically. The time has come for MVC- and SOA-based architectural designs and a common sense software development lifecycle (or application lifecycle) with succinct documentation.
In the Information Age, data is everywhere. When data can be is organized into recognizable patterns, data becomes information. To differentiate between the two, information has meaning, but data does not; and data lacks organization and context, but information has both. Knowledge results from the modeling of information through selection, categorization, or evaluation over time. Unfortunately knowledge can be true or false when juxtaposed against realities like Microsoft best practices or 4NF database normailization. However, if knowledge is put through a reflective process in the context of a known reality based on relevant experiences, wisdom results.
Wisdom reflects truth, and true wisdom-based are always superior to falsifiable knowledge-based systems. How do you attain a Wisdom-based Application Architecture?
Use the abstract base classes and ideas presented herein which have been utilized as a Model-View-Controller business application model for software (SmallTalk, Modula, C++, VB, VB.NET, C#, and Java) by this programmer and architect for more than 20 years. The Wisdom-based business application architecture presented herein has been validated to work with Microsoft's Visual Studio 2012 and IIS 7/7.5/8.0.
Disclaimer: Although I only use Microsoft (TM) development software, this site is in no way affiliated with Microsoft or Oracle. The views represented herein are mine, and mine alone. This site is just a repository of my and some of my friends' experiences as software engineers, programmers, analysts, and architects. This is a free information site with examples from Visual Studio .NET (tm) 2008, 2010, 2012 in C# and now with some Java JSE/JEE.